The latest Cosm code is available on GitHub:
The Phase 2 beta code is the latest. It has been run on hundreds of thousands of machines since 2008, but the new API is not finalized. The p2pdate.pl script in cosm/utils can handle most API changes since p1. It does not contain the high level Cosm FS/Compute/ID/Network source at this time.
Some general guidelines will make the coding process run much smoother. Note that users of Cosm code do not need to follow these rules - other then the first 4.
- Before touching any Cosm code. make sure you are familiar with all the available design documentation and the Mithral Programmers Guide.
- Read the License.
- Before sitting down to work on code, make sure you have a current copy of the code - `git pull`.
- Fixing bugs should always take top priority.
- Do not modify the API without talking to Adam first.
- After coding, send your changed files to one of the overseers so that it can be reviewed and commited to the SVN archive. Someone that can do this should be available in the IRC channel at any time. (this is the goal anyway)
- Make sure your changes compile fully and without warnings before you send them in.
- If you make changes that show you haven't read the Programmers Guide or the docs, the changes will be rejected until they conform to the standards.
Remember that this will not work unless all the coders work together within the things set down in the Programmers Guide.
© Mithral Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Mithral® and Cosm® are trademarks of Mithral Inc.